WEDNESDAY April 22nd | 6-9pm
Tiling almost always involves more skills than just spreading glue and setting tiles. Be able to produce professional results by getting an overview of the whole process and hands on experience. Arman has 10 years of construction experience and in addition to explaining the ins and outs of tiling, is happy to help you troubleshoot your own tiling project whether its backsplashes, tub surrounds, tiling over concrete and storage niches.
Class will cover:
• Structural and surface preparation
• Planning a layout or pattern
• Different kinds of tile and when to use which
• Cutting with a manual tile cutter and tabletop wet-saw
• Different kinds of adhesives and when to use them (mastic, thinset, epoxy)
• Troweling techniques
• Spacers or lack thereof
• Different kinds of grout and how to install (non-sanded, sanded, epoxy)
• Grout and stone sealers
• Caulk – latex vs. silicone and caulking tips
Additionally all participants will have the opportunity to practice cutting tiles with the manual cutter and table-top wet saw, troweling adhesive and installing tiles with spacers on their own sample board.