The 2016 International Lending Library Symposium!
MARCH 18-20TH, 2016 - BALTIMORE, MARYLAND
Did you know there are all sorts of lending libraries? People that share, not only tools, but kids toys, "baby gear", commercial grade kitchen/catering equipment, sewing machines, seeds, the possibilities are endless!
Join us at the Station North Tool Library (SNTL,) for a fun and informative weekend about how to start sharing in your community. Everyone is welcome and there will be something for everyone to learn and share.
TOPICS COVERED: Starting a Lending Library | Financing Your Startup | Budgeting & Continued Financing | Volunteer Management & Retention | MyTurn 101: Lending Library Software | Communications/Marketing/Social Media | More developing as we speak!!
- 4p- Check in Opens
- 5p - SNTL Tour / Welcome Happy Hour- Drinks & Snacks provided!
- 6p - Communications, Marketing, & Social Media
- 9a - Breakfast Snacks / Coffee - by Dovecote
- 930 - Kick Off Speaker -The Lending Library Ethos
- 10a - Session 1: Starting a Lending Library - Panel Discussion
- 1130 - Lunch Session: Lending Library Software 101
- 1230 - Session 2: Sustaining Your Library - Fundraising, budgets, grants and more!
- 2p - Session 3: Managing a Vibrant Cast of Volunteers/Staff
- 3p - Session 4: Developing Community Relationships
- 4p - Wrap Up Discussion
- 6p - PARTY! Food! Drinks! New Friends! - Offsite at Clifton Pleasure Club
- 9a - Breakfast Snacks / Coffee - by Thread & Red Emma’s - myTurn Users Forum
- 930 - Session: Incorporating classes/learning/workspace into your library - Panel
- 1030 - Conclusion of Symposium Workshops
- 1045 - Optional: Makerspace/Co Op/Collab/CoWorking Walking Tour
- 1200 - Lunch Pow Wow: The Future of Libraries - how can we further benefit our communities?
- 100 - Optional BICYCLE tour of Baltimore - bikes provided by Baltimore Bicycle Works
Full Symposium Registration: includes all programs Friday - Sunday, free goodie bag, 5 meals, and Dinner Party on Saturday!
Baltimore City Residents - $125 | Individual - $165| Organization Registration (3 people) - $300
Saturday Only: includes all Saturday programs, breakfast and lunch
Saturday Only - $60
Sponsored by: MyTurn, Baltimore Bicycle Works, and Station North Tool Library